The newest version of our collaboration platform comes with lots of security and usability improvements across the suite. Explore all the details in this post.
Login protection. Set up a limit of unsuccessful login attempts along with blocking time and check period to protect your portal from brute-force attacks. When the specified limit is reached, attempts coming from the associated IP address will be banned for the chosen period of time.
Where to find: Settings -> Security -> Portal Access -> Login Settings
IP restriction. From now on, you are able to input trusted IP addresses for users and admins using different sections.
Where to find: Settings -> Security -> Portal Access -> IP Security
Extended 2FA. In addition to the existing activation of two-factor authentication, you can select trusted IP addresses for which 2FA is not required as well as users and groups for mandatory 2FA.
Where to find: Settings -> Security -> Portal Access -> Two-factor authentication
Extended password creation criteria. Define the maximum (along with the minimum) number of characters in a password.
Where to find: Settings -> Security -> Portal Access -> Password Strength Settings
Optimized document management
In the Documents module, you are able to generate multiple external sharing links for the same file. Besides, you can set time limits and passwords for externally shared docs to better protect them.
Moreover, it’s now possible to share folders via external links as well (setting time limits and passwords for folders is also available). In this case, all the subfolders and files within them will inherit the external link.
We also added:
- Option to convert password-protected documents to OOXML formats for further editing when uploading files to the portal.
- Uploading the structure of empty folders using Drag’n’Drop.
A quick reminder: Updated ONLYOFFICE Workspace includes the latest version of online editors with recipient roles for field filling, SmartArt, Watch Window, Unicode and LaTeX equations, ChatGPT and Zoom plugins, and other features.
Switch on Dark theme to work comfortably in poorly illuminated environments. When you activate the Dark theme, all documents will be opened in this mode as well.
Where to find: Profile -> Interface Theme -> Light Theme / Dark Theme / Use system theme
The IMAPSync service now allows synchronizing drafts with the connected email client. If you create or edit a draft email on your portal, it will be accessible on the email client and vice versa.
- Portal owners can switch on impersonation to log in on behalf of any user.
- Ability to set up, activate, and edit default storage quota for each user in the Statistics section.
- New currencies in the CRM module: non-convertible Angolan Kwanza (AOA) and convertible Venezuelan Bolivar Soberano (VES).
- Ability to use self-signed certificates for SSO and WebDAV.
- Improvements for the Control Panel, including updated settings for connecting third-party storages, Dark theme logos in the Branding settings, ability to change the portal memory quota for tenants.
- New Lead field in the Team Template.
- Optimized Feed for portals with a big number of users.
How to use new features
Watch this video overview to explore the most important updates from version 12.5:
Get ONLYOFFICE Workspace 12.5
You can already use the latest update in the cloud. For self-hosted installations the new version will be available a bit later.