Great news, everyone!
The latest version of the ONLYOFFICE connector for Redmine is already available with a bunch of new formats for editing. Moreover, the updated integration app makes it possible to edit documents in the Files module and work on content in the Forums module. Read this post for more information.
New formats for editing
In the previous versions, the ONLYOFFICE connector for Redmine allowed users to edit only DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, DOCXF and OFORM files. Now the list of formats available for editing includes new options, such as DOCM, DOTM, DOTX, EPUB*, FB2*, HTML*, ODT*, OTT*, RTF*, TXT*, CSV*, OTS*, ODS*, XLSM, XLTM, ODP*, etc. The full list is available on GitHub.
* To open this format for editing, you need to check it in the formats settings. Due to some format restrictions, data loss may occur when opening a file for editing.
Edit documents in the Files module
Starting from version 3.0.0, Redmine users can edit documents stored in the Files module. Previously, they were able to open documents in this module for viewing only. To edit a file in this module, you just need to click the Pen button if the file’s format is supported for this action.
Work on files in the Forums module
Another useful improvement brought by the updated integration app is the ability to use the ONLYOFFICE editors to view, edit and convert attachments on pages in the Forums module. Now you can easily access any file in this module and open it for viewing or editing with the ONLYOFFICE editors.
Other improvements and changes
Here is a brief overview of other useful improvements in this release:
- Migration from Ruby v2 to Ruby v3;
- Redmine users can now edit an attachment even if the issue is closed;
- Improved user permissions for more accurate functionality;
- Support for Redmine instances located in a subdirectory;
- More intuitive icons;
- Support for the user’s language preferences when creating an attachment;
- “Save as” and “Download as” actions on one page and more.
Please find the full changelog on this GitHub page.
How to install the ONLYOFFICE connector for Redmine
Get the latest version of the ONLYOFFICE integration app from the official GitHub repository or the Redmine Plugins Directory:
Read this article for detailed instructions on how to install and configure the ONLYOFFICE integration app or watch this guide on YouTube: