It’s time to look back at the year and reflect on what has been done. We’ve already made an overview of our updates and achievements for the editors and integrations, as well as recalled inspiring success stories from our customers. In this post, learn everything about our team, events and awards in 2022.
Over the last year our team grew both in numbers and geographic reach. We opened three new office departments resulting in 6 office locations overall:
- Riga (Latvia)
- London (UK)
- Dallas (Texas, USA)
- Singapore NEW
- Yerevan (Armenia) NEW
- Tashkent (Uzbekistan) NEW
In 2022, we launched job openings available for applicants from all over the world. At the moment, we count around 200 employees along with multiple contributors in more than 30 countries.
Our development hub is now located in Uzbekistan. Sales managers work from Latvia, UK, USA, and Singapore. The Armenian office became home for a customer care team. Lots of our teammates also work remotely from various parts of Europe.
Events we took part in
To exchange ideas, share experiences and get valuable feedback, we participate in various events. And not only in virtual ones. With such an international team, we can attend interesting meet-ups all around the world. Besides, we cooperate with our partners who represent ONLYOFFICE at numerous exhibitions.
Here is a brief overview of events devoted to different topics we took part in over the last year:
Open Source & Community
- FOSDEM (Brussels, Belgium)
- FOSSASIA Summit (Asia)
- OW2con (France)
- OSC, Open Source Conference (Japan)
- Latinoware (Brazil)
- LIBRECON (Bilbao, Spain)
- FOSSCOMM (Lamia, Greece)
- Capitole Du Libre (Toulouse, France)
- UbuCon Asia 2022 (Seoul, South Korea)
- GNOME Asia Summit 2022 (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Business, Enterprise, Security
- Univention Summit (Bremen, Germany)
- IMEX and ISAF (Istanbul, Turkey)
- it-sa Expo & Congress (Nuremberg, Germany)
- World Business Forum (Milan, Italy)
- KommDIGITALE (Bielefeld, Germany)
- SOIEL Web Conference (Milan, Italy)
- PowerFolder Workshop (Germany)
Developers & Tech
- Interpädagogica (Vienna, Austria)
- Learntec (Karlsruhe, Germany)
- Didacta (Cologne, Germany)
- Chamilo Conference (Nivelles, Belgium)
- EDIX (Japan)
- SIMO EDUCACIÓN (Madrid, Spain)
- EdTech Hack (Armenia)
- School hackathons: JAMHacks 6, ClockHacks, Highlander Engineering (Canada)
Specials: for the greater good
- 4L Trophy humanitarian adventure — we supported team 1823 and their charity mission to help children in Morocco
- BvB Dallas charity football game — we joined the organization in their mission to support Alzheimer’s research and care
Moreover, in the beginning of 2022, we organized our own virtual event to highlight the first major release of the year and announce OFORMs. The event was successful and aroused much interest among users and press, we had more than 800 registrations and more than 3700 people watched it live or recorded. In addition to that, we held a series of webinars within ONLYOFFICE WebWeek to support new product updates.
Combining open-source efforts
This year, we joined the Japan OSS Promotion Forum as a General Member. It is an industry group established in Japan to promote wider dissemination of open-source software. As a quick reminder — ONLYOFFICE is also a member of Linux Foundation and Open Source Business Alliance.
Highly ranked by you
Thanks to your support, we made it to the top 3 in the Cloud Computing Insider Awards for the second year in a row. This time, ONLYOFFICE received Gold in the category Cloud Content Management. Thank you so much for your votes and trust!
Among this year’s achievements are also:
- Slashdot Leader Winter 2022
- Office Suites High Performer Winter 2022 by G2
- SourceForge Leader Fall 2022
- High Performer by SoftwareSuggest Recognition Winter Awards 2022
- ONLYOFFICE Workspace among top open-source project management software by Capterra