Our desktop app caught up with the online version — it now has all the features and improvements of version 6.3.
We added a Dark theme to reduce eye strain in low-light environments.
You can switch between Dark, Light, and Classic Light themes in the app’s settings or in the Advanced settings in the File tab.
In addition to 100% and 200%, we now support 150% scaling.
The scaling is automatically adjusted in accordance with your OS settings. You can also switch between the scaling options in the app’s settings.
You can now enable Track Changes for yourself or everyone who opens the file. The Track Changes status will be saved to the file. It means that If you leave the Track Changes flag on, the next time you/your teammates open it, reviewing will remain enabled.
What else is new
- Adding new chart types (line and scatter, combo charts) and tooltips for macros in all editors.
- Quickly changing text case and list levels in the document editor.
- Opening XML and saving to EPUB, FB2, and HTML.
- XLOOKUP function, grouping data in pivot tables, new cell formats (mm/dd, mm/dd/yyyy, mm/dd/yy) and new currency (Croatian kuna) in spreadsheets.
- Minor improvements in presentation editor.
Find detailed information on new features and instructions in this post.
Private Room updates
In this version, we also updated our encryption scheme making it even more reliable.
If you and your colleagues are collaborating in Private Rooms, make sure that everyone updates their desktop app.
If one of the collaborators has the older version (let’s say, 6.2), they will receive an error message saying
`Encrypted changes have been received, they cannot be deciphered`. Don’t worry, you only need to update the app to the most recent version to continue working on encrypted documents.
Download new version
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors v6.3 are already available as deb, rpm, exe, and dmg. Snap, Flatpak, and AppImage will be ready soon.