If you need to share a spreadsheet which contains specific info that should be shown to some of the users only, you can filter the spreadsheet as you want to hide data and then just share it using the newly added Custom Filter permission. Read on to learn all the details.
How it works
Custom Filter allows hiding the data you don’t want to show. In other words, users won’t be able to change the filter you’ve applied before sharing your spreadsheet and will be able to work only with the specified fields.
Besides, Custom Filter lets multiple users apply their own filters while working together in real-time without disturbing co-authors. So, users with the Custom Filter permission are able to edit the spreadsheet, however all their actions with the filters will not be visible to other co-authors and will not be saved to the file, such actions will be displayed only locally.
You should know that:
- Custom Filter is available in ONLYOFFICE Workspace.
- This option can be applied to .xlsx files stored in your ONLYOFFICE Documents module.
- Only users with the Full Access right can share the .xlsx file granting the Custom Filter permission.
- Users with the Custom Filter access right are not able to re-share the file.
- It’s possible to share the spreadsheet with the Custom Filter option both for internal users and via the external link.
How to share
Learn more about ONLYOFFICE updates
We are happy to invite you to ONLYOFFICE WebWeek 2020 — a series of online presentations, workshops, and social media activities to introduce big updates in the ONLYOFFICE product line on October 15 – 22. Learn about the event