If you are using Moodle as an e-learning platform in your institution and need to add document editing and collaboration to its functionality, read this article and learn how to connect ONLYOFFICE editors to your instance.
Moodle is an open-source learning platform that allows educators to easily build custom secure teaching environment on their network. Being a widely adopted educational software, Moodle is used in many high-score institutions such as London School of Economics, State University of New York and the Open University. The solution is completely open source and is supported, besides Moodle HQ, by a network of more than 80 partner service providers.
Moodle connector is one of the valuable examples of ONLYOFFICE integration apps created by third-party developers. A while ago, ONLYOFFICE became one of the available activity plugins in Moodle library, allowing teachers and students collaborate on electronic documents within the courses. The free plugin was created by Logic Expertise, an Information Technology consulting and software development outfit with presence in Melbourne, Australia and Tauranga, New Zealand.
With ONLYOFFICE integration, you can:
- create and edit text documents, spreadsheets and presentations attached to the courses;
- work with advanced objects including autoshapes, tables, charts and equations;
- collaborate on files in real time with a range of collaboration tools;
- make use of third-party plugins such as YouTube, Translator, Thesaurus, etc.
To set up ONLYOFFICE editors in you Moodle, follow these steps:
- Download and install ONLYOFFICE.
- Install the ONLYOFFICE connector in mod/onlyoffice directory.
- Connect ONLYOFFICE via your Document Server address and set up a secret key.
- Create ONLYOFFICE activity in any desirable course to start working with documents.
Visit GitHub for more information about ONLYOFFICE connector and installation.
If you are using ownCloud, Nextcloud, Seafile or other sharing solution in your educational environment, check the available integration apps on our website. Besides, anyone can create their own app for any platform, using ONLYOFFICE API.
ONLYOFFICE tips and tricks for educators. Read more
What’s new in ONLYOFFICE editors 5.5. Read more
ONLYOFFICE solutions for education. Read more
Already tried ONLYOFFICE in Moodle? Tweet us about your experience or share your thoughts below.