Great news everyone!
The long-awaited Flatpak for our desktop editors is now available on Flathub. We are coming to more Linux distros!
Flatpak (formerly xdg-app) is a young and bright universal packaging format with a decentralized means of distribution, portability, and sandboxing. It helps
- developers like us easily distribute apps across the Linux universe,
- users like you effortlessly install the apps on your new favorite distro.
Flatpak is built in some Linux distributions by default. For others, you need to install it manually. You can check how it works with your OS here.
Flathub is a store for getting applications packaged with Flatpak. Its collection of cool apps is constantly growing and we are so proud to finally join it!
Piece of cake:
- Install Flatpak following the instructions on the official site.
- Get ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors from Flathub.
- Install it using the install button or the following command:
flatpak install flathub org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
Sharing the news about us joining Flathub is a great contribution to the ONLYOFFICE project.
We’ll really appreciate you posting on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Linux forums, etc. as well as your likes and reposts! You can also fight for us here and here, in comments for the article by OMG! Ubuntu!
Apart from deb/rpm packages, the ONLYOFFICE desktop app is also available as snap and AppImage. All the installation options are listed here.
Recently, we have also released our online editors (Document Server) as Snap.