Good news everyone!
Thanks to the integration of Jitsi in ONLYOFFICE Docs users can extend their work capabilities with a secure and easy-to-use video conferencing tool. Keep on reading for more details.
Jitsi is an open-source video and audio conferencing service, which allows you to easily organize secure online meetings. Jitsi is compatible with WebRTC, the open standard for Web communication. The service grew from a student project by Emil Ivov at the University of Strasbourg in 2003.
Due to numerous requests from users, the developers of ONLYOFFICE Docs decided to add tools for conferencing in the editors. And the choice was Jitsi. The service is completely open-source and totally free, offers encrypted communication, and lots of useful features (ability to lock a room with a password, auto-view the active speaker and so on).
Within ONLYOFFICE Docs, the conferencing tool lets users:
- quickly meet-up with your colleagues to briefly discuss the document;
- organize audio and video meetings for a bigger amount of teammates;
- hold webinars and show others the results of your work;
- stream audio and video content from your pc.
How to use the plugin
The plugin integrates Jitsi service in ONLYOFFICE Docs, so you don’t need to leave the editor and launch any additional applications.
- Open the Plugins tab and click on Jitsi.
- Press the “Start” button to create Jitsi iframe.
- Then insert your nickname and let the browser use your camera and microphone.
- If you want to finish a call, just press the “Stop” button.
How to install new plugin
Discover how to install plugins in self-hosted ONLYOFFICE Docs in this video: