We have amazing news: if you need to work on docx, xlsx and pptx online, ONLYOFFICE will be there for you. In this article we will tell you how to do it using ONLYOFFICE Personal and our two extensions for Chrome.
ONLYOFFICE Personal is a free space (we call it a personal portal) for storing your text documents, online spreadsheets, and presentations, and editing/co-editing them. It’s totally free, and if you have any security concerns – all of your docs will be safe and sound in the Amazon Cloud.
You can also connect other cloud storages you use (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc) to work on docx, xlsx, and pptx stored there using ONLYOFFICE editors.
Recently, we have created a Chrome extension to quickly access ONLYOFFICE Personal. If you are already registered, just follow these steps:
- Get the extension from Chrome Web Store and add it to your browser.
- Click on ONLYOFFICE Personal icon in the top right corner.
- Edit docx, xlsx and pptx in ONLYOFFICE Personal.
See? ONLYOFFICE Personal is just a click away from you!
If you are not registered, сreate a personal office for free! You can use your Google, Facebook or LinkedIn account to sign in.
Also, it is possible to start with the help of our Chrome extension. Just install it to your browser and log in using your Google account.
We have already said earlier that you can connect Google Drive (as well as other cloud storages) to ONLYOFFICE Personal, and now we are gonna say you can do vice versa and use ONLYOFFICE document editors for processing files directly in your Google Drive. It’s also easy:
- Get this app (it is also packed as a Chrome extension).
- Install it to Google Chrome.
- Open your G. Drive and choose the new menu option for creating and editing documents.
- For better compatibility with MS Office formats – docx, xlsx, and pptx (because Google Docs editors have their own native formats).
- For better work with large files which have many pages with complex formatting.
- For more formatting features. Read this article to learn what formatting capabilities ONLYOFFICE has and Google Docs has not.
If you still have questions about using ONLYOFFICE Personal, our Chrome extensions, or any other, leave comments below this post or tweet to us at @only_office. And don’t forget to rate our extensions and leave your reviews on Chrome Web Store. Your feedback is important!