Great news here! ONLYOFFICE desktop app is now officially pre-installed on risiOS, a Fedora-based distro from Seattle. Learn all the details below.
risiOS is a Linux distro developed by Seattle-based team, the USA, based on Fedora with the default GNOME desktop.
risiOS is able to deliver on the latest cutting-edge features without breaking things mid-release cycle. Some of the modern features risiOS inherits from Fedora include BTRFS, Wayland (even on NVIDIA hardware), Pipewire, and more.
The distro elements include:
- risiWelcome to help first-time users install drivers and codecs, setup FlatHub and RPMFusion, and find resources related to risiOS.
- risiTweaks to change themes and layout settings, manage GNOME extensions and installers.
- risiScript to generate a GUI wizard for bash/shell scripts and make things like installing third-party apps and system configuration easy.
- Web apps (fork of Linux Mint’s web app manager with security measures) to discover new web apps and conveniently add them.
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors pre-installed
Cameron Knauff, Founder of risiOS:
We are now partnering with ONLYOFFICE to pre-install it on risiOS. ONLYOFFICE is a great office suite with an easy user interface, excellent Microsoft Office document compatibility, and everything else you need from an office suite.
With ONLYOFFICE desktop app pre-installed, risiOS users are able to:
- Create new office files, browse the existing ones, edit text docs, sheets, and slides of all popular formats (high compatibility is provided with DOCX, XLSX, PPTX).
- View PDFs and convert them to DOCX for further editing.
- Create digital forms, fill them out, save as PDF.
- Protect documents with passwords and digital signatures.
- Use plugins for extra features, e.g. to translate texts, insert YouTube videos and Draw.io diagrams, highlight code, etc.
- Connect the app to ONLYOFFICE cloud, Nextcloud, ownCloud, Seafile, Liferay, and kDrive for real-time document collaboration.