ONLYOFFICE Docs can now be integrated in Chamilo learning management system to edit and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in your studies. For more information about this integration and how it works, read this post.
Chamilo is a free LMS that includes e-learning and content management features, distributed under GNU/GPL license. History of Chamilo dates back to 2010 when it was officially launched by the contributing community of the Dokeos software.
Today, it is being developed by Belgian non-profit organization Chamilo Association. Its mission is to make global access to learning software easier using free and open tools created with a help of various service providers and developer community. The current number of Chamilo users is almost 30 million people.
List of activities you can do with Chamilo includes:
- Managing users, courses, and training cycles;
- Tracking student progress;
- Building a social network for learning;
- Conducting exams;
- Generating certificates;
- Building learning systems for more than 700,000 users.
The first version of the integration app for Chamilo was originally created by our clients. The University Grenoble Alpes created it to access ONLYOFFICE from all learning systems used in the network.
This time, our team has created an official free integration app, adding security components and making it more reliable. The app allows bringing community or enterprise version of ONLYOFFICE Docs directly in the system, and at the moment it is possible to:
- create and edit and text documents, spreadsheets and presentations;
- work with DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX formats;
- collaborate in Fast or in Strict modes with chat, comments, change tracking, etc.
How to start
You need ONLYOFFICE Document Server and Chamilo instances deployed either on one or separate machines, and an installed and configured integration app.
Once you have a Chamilo running, follow these steps:
- Install ONLYOFFICE Docs Community Edition following Docker (recommended) or Debian/Ubuntu guides, or get Enterprise Edition for more advanced features and no connection limit.
- Get and install the integration app.
- Open Chamilo and сonfigure ONLYOFFICE app in plugin settings.
Read more detailed instructions on GitHub.