ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors have become a default office app on Linuxfx, a Brazilian Ubuntu-based distro recently featured in Forbes.
About the distro
Linuxfx, also known as Windowsfx, was created for an easy transition from Windows to Linux. Its target audience is those users and companies who want to use modern hardware but don’t want to adopt Windows 10 for financial reasons.
The distro based on Ubuntu 20.04 with the use of Cinnamon Desktop looks exactly like Windows 10 and brings the following perks to its users:
- Ability to install .exe and .msi packages with Wine working out of the box.
- Security as the system is not affected by viruses and malware for Windows.
- Speed — the system will work just fine even on PC with dual-core computers with 2GB RAM.
- Compatibility with Active Directory and Microsoft Workgroups.
- A vast collection of apps including ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors, etc.
Watch the detailed review on YouTube to learn more about Linuxfx.
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors within Linuxfx
You don’t need to install ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors on Linuxfx as it is now included as a default app.
According to Rafael Rachid, the lead developer of the distro, ONLYOFFICE was suggested by users and chosen over LibreOffice by voting. The developers’ team also appreciated the look, compatibility with MS Office formats, and the ease of migration to ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors.
To start ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors on Linuxfx, open the menu and click the Office logo.
What ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors brings to Linuxfx users
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors offers:
- Powerful text document, spreadsheet, and presentation editing.
- Compatibility with all popular document formats, including OOXML (docx, xlsx, pptx) and ODF (odt, ods, odp).
- Multiple formatting and styling tools.
- Collaborative capabilities, including reviewing, real-time co-editing (when connected to cloud).