If you want to make ONLYOFFICE better and more available for as many people as possible all over the world, this article is for you. Today we are going to tell you how you can contribute to our project and improve it.
We would like to invite you to collaborate on ONLYOFFICE documentation. By writing new articles in English and translating our content into other languages, you will help other people learn more about ONLYOFFICE.
There are two ways how to improve our project:
- creating new content in English
- translating the existing materials into your language
We are looking for translators who can translate documentation for ONLYOFFICE Help Center or posts for ONLYOFFICE blog. The required languages are German, French, Spanish and Italian. If you are proficient in another language, we will be delighted to discuss our cooperation personally.
Anyone can contribute to ONLYOFFICE documentation. We especially welcome the contributions by ONLYOFFICE users. The only requirement is having a good knowledge of English and written fluency in another language. If you meet this requirement, we’d love to collaborate with you as soon as possible!
The publication process can be described as apply, write, revise and publish.
- Apply: Apply to the program with your topic idea or the link to the article you want to translate. All applications should be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write: If your topic is approved, it is time to write and translate.
- Revise: Submit your first draft and collaborate with a member of our team to revise your work.
- Publish: After revisions, we will send your reward and publish your content.
We believe that any hard work should be fairly rewarded. That’s why by contributing to the ONLYOFFICE project you can get:
- a free ONLYOFFICE cloud with no user limitations and 2 GB of storage;
- a discount for ONLYOFFICE self-hosted solutions;
- Free ONLYOFFICE Home Server;
- financial rewards.
The first few translations will be voluntary. If you publish three translations of good quality, you will be invited to join our payment scheme. The more you translate, the better rewards you get!
|Short post||Medium post||Long post|
|Bronze (3+ translations)||$3||$5||$7|
|Silver (25+ translations)||$5||$8||$12|
|Gold (100+ translations)||$9||$13||$18|
Apart from translating, you can also proof read the existing articles and tutorials and update the previous translations:
- Short post – $2;
- Medium post – $3;
- Long post – $4.
The payment scheme for authors is going to be really simple. We are currently thinking about the details, but you can be sure: the more you write, the better rewards you get!!
We define post length both for authors and translators as follows:
- Short post: less than 900 words.
- Medium post: from 900 words up to 1,800.
- Long post: more than 1,800 words.
For financial rewards, an Upwork account is required. Registration is free.
If you want to join our initiative or have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to leave a comment in the comments section below or tweet us at @only_office. Your feedback is always appreciated!