Good news, everyone!
The new version of our open-source free desktop suite with multiple enhancements is already available for download. Read this blog post to take a deeper look at the release.
We brought our most recent updates of version 5.3 to the desktop editors:
- Edit pictures right in the doc without third-party plugins. Flip, rotate and crop them, align them to pages, margins, and slides (alignment and placement options apply to shapes too).
- Work effectively with spreadsheets using new formulas (ASC, BETAINV, HYPERLINK) and Array Formula, Text To Columns and Paste Wizards.
- Print selected areas of the sheets using the Print Area feature located in the Layout Tab.
- Connect Desktop Editors to the cloud (ONLYOFFICE, ownCloud, or Nextcloud) and get the most out of real-time collaboration with improved reviewing and more intuitive Track Changes feature.
- Save docs as MS Office Open XML templates (DOTX, XLTX, and POTX), OpenDocument templates (OTT, OTS, and OTP), and ISO-standardized version of PDF called PDF-A.
Besides, we added several new features that you’ll find useful:
- Insert audio and video files in your presentations using new Video and Audio plugins:
- Send your documents as mail attachments right from the editors using the new Send plugin. Just save the file and click the corresponding plugin button – a new letter will be opened with this doc already attached (available if you use Outlook or Thunderbird as a default mail client):
Welcome Chinese as a new interface language:
A quick tip: you can easily change the interface language of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors in the Settings tab on the left.
We also increased the number of available document languages – there are now 250 in total. Most of them are not accompanied by a spellchecker yet, but this is only a start. Among these, we added a number of hieroglyphic alphabets and improved support for CJK fonts with a completely renewed font engine.
More localization options are also available in spreadsheets: Български, Svenska (Finland), and Svenska (Sverige) number formats, and translation of formulas into Italian.
Read the full changelog on GitHub.
Get the latest version of free ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors right now and try all the novelties yourself!
- Learn how to connect Desktop Editors to your ONLYOFFICE SaaS or Personal portal, Enterprise Edition, and to ownCloud or Nextcloud.
- How to work with protected MS Office documents in ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors. Read the article >>
- How to encrypt documents and co-edit them securely with ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors. Go to the Help Center >>
We can’t wait to hear your opinions! Leave your comments in the section below or tweet us at @only_office.