ONLYOFFICE editors and ownCloud is the match made in heaven, wrote once one of our users. Inspired by this idea, we developed an integration app for you to use our online editors in ownCloud web interface.
With ONLYOFFICE connected to ownCloud installation you will be able to:
- Work with all major formats. Edit docx, xlsx, pptx, txt files and open odt, ods,odp, doc, xls, ppt, pps, epub, rtf, html, htm.
- Enjoy perfect compatibility with MS Office formats.
- Use hundreds of formatting features. Add charts, autoshapes, complex mathematical equations, decorate the font, edit headers/footers, create styles, change the design of the whole document with two clicks and more.
- Co-edit docs in real-time. Use the fast mode to see what your teammates are typing at the moment or the strict mode to work on the document fragment without being distracted by others.
- Review, comment and chat. Let your teammates review the document to correct misprints and suggest ideas without changing the text itself. Use commenting to leave witty comments to your colleague’s text, or buit-in chat to discuss document issues.
To start using ONLYOFFICE Editors with ownCloud, you need to have Document Server version 3.0 or later installed. The solution you use (free Community Edition or paid Enterprise) doesn’t matter.
Just complete these steps:
- Download this simple integration app that works as a bridge between ONLYOFFICE Document Server and ownCloud and place it into the /apps directory on your OwnCloud server.
- Go to ownCloud, open the page with Not enabled apps and enable the ONLYOFFICE application.
- Configure the integration app. Go to the OwnCloud Admin panel, open the ONLYOFFICE section and enter the address of the Document Server.
If you need help, follow detailed instructions here or watch the video below.
Congrats, your ownCloud now has ONLYOFFICE editors integrated! We wish you productive work and would be glad to hear what’s your impression, so leave your comments here or contact us on social networks.
For any purchase questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org