As you may already know, we constantly gather all TeamLab users’ suggestions in our special feedback form to understand your needs and expectations. Today’s post illustrates two points: the value and importance of your feedback and our determination to be truly client-oriented company developing TeamLab according to your requests. But no more lyrics, let’s pass to the facts.
So, what are we going to implement from the features you’ve suggested?
Let’s start with the Projects section. The good news is that it will be essentially revised this month. We’ve followed your most popular requests and prepared a few important updates, including:
- tasks priority;
- project statuses: active, paused, closed;
- new format for time tracking: hours/minutes;
- the ability to filter tasks by due date, person in charge, milestone, status and your personal tasks;
- extended description field in tasks;
- the ability to remove attached files in tasks.
The listed options will be firstly released in the beta-version in several weeks, and you’ll be able to switch between the old and new versions to understand which one is more convenient for you.
In the next summer releases we also plan to significantly enhance the tasks features: introduce recurring tasks, the ability to “accept” a task and task statuses. The report system will also be improved and integrated with the Documents module, the section about milestones will be added.
There’re also two suggestions for Projects – Gantt charts and tasks dependency – that keep to be in the top requests. Paying attention to this high demand, we’re already working on its implementation. This functionality is closely connected with all the components of the Projects, and our goal is to make the integration of these new functions efficient and smooth at the same time, keeping the whole system as simple as before. It requires considerable human and time resources, but we plan to add the mentioned features in less than half a year.
Documents is the second point in TeamLab grand releases schedule for the near future. This summer we will add a completely new fully-fledged Document Editor, built in HTML5. Unlike the current editor in TeamLab Docs and other popular editors like Google Docs, Zoho Writer, this fresh TeamLab Document Editor will provide a considerable number of benefits, such as:
- a richer toolset that includes advanced table processing, line spacing, multi-level numbering, text and heading styles;
- fast upload and processing of multi-page documentation;
- absolute identity of document displayed and printed or imported versions, regardless of browser or OS;
- a maximum number of fonts with hieroglyphs included.
Currently, you can try the beta version of TeamLab Document Editor at html5.teamlab.com We’ll be glad to receive your feedback!
That’s our roadmap for Projects and Documents. As you may see, we’ve taken into account most of your popular suggestions and hope, you’ll be satisfied with the results 🙂
P.S. Next time you’ll get to know our plans on CRM and Calendar. Stay tuned!