Today I’ll tell you about an effective way of getting new leads with practically no effort introducing you a new feature of the CRM module – website contact form. It lets you generate the source code of a contact form with custom number of fields which you can embed into your website. Filling in the form in the Internet, your prospective customers will provide you with their contact details that will be automatically added into the contact list of your CRM system on the TeamLab portal constantly enriching your client database.
There’s no secret that the goal of each business is to get profit, in fact the more the better. No matter what area your enterprise specializes in, it needs new customers to grow and bring income. That’s why the website contact form generated on your TeamLab portal and embedded into your site might appear so useful to you.
How to generate a website contact form?
2. Click the ‘CRM’ link in the middle of the page or at the very top.
3. Switch to the ‘Settings’ tab and click the ‘Website Contact Form’ link on the ‘Navigation’ panel.
4. In the ‘Form Properties’ section, enter a ‘Redirection URL’ address that will lead to a page on your website after your prospective customer filled in the form.
Note: please make sure you entered your URL address starting with http://
If you are creating a form for the first time, you’ll see zeros under the ‘Web Form Key’ caption. Click the icon to generate a real key that will be used to authenticate the form and prevent spam, fraud, and unauthorized use.
Note: you can generate only one active form with a web form key. If you change the key in the CRM settings, the form generated with the previous key will stop working.
5. In the ‘Field Selection’ section, choose between the ‘Company’ and ‘Person’ option depending on your prospective customers’ status. Then check the fields you want to be included into the contact form.
6. In the ‘Access Rights & Tags’ section, you can restrict access to the contacts added using this form checking the ‘Restrict Access’ box and selecting users you want to grant access to. If you don’t do that, all portal users will be able to view contact details of the leads added.
You can also enter your own tags that will be added to the contacts in the list clicking the ‘Add Tag’ link.
After that the ‘Form Source Code’ area will appear displaying the source code of the created website contact form. Then preview the form, and if you are satisfied with the result, you can proceed to the embedding process.
How to embed the form into your website?
As soon as the source code of your website contact form is created, you need to embed it into your site. Open the page or control where you want to place the form in an HTML editor, copy the source code from the ‘Form Source Code’ area at your portal and paste it at the needed place.
How does the form work?
A potential customer sees a contact form at your website and decides to fill it in. After clicking the ‘Send Data’ button he will be redirected to the page on your site that is specified in the ‘Redirection URL’ field, while the data itself will be added to your contact list. The portal administrators and users who were granted access rights will be informed about new leads added using this form by email or TeamLab Talk depending on the notification type selected on their ‘Subscriptions’ page.
That’s all for today. Please feel free to leave comments in case you have questions that are not covered in the post. If you need assistance, visit our Help Center or write to our Support Team. Your opinion on TeamLab as well as ideas for its further development are welcome on our special feedback page.