TeamLab Calendar represents a convenient tool for planning your working day, week, month or even year. Here you can create, edit, share various events. The following unusual types can be singled out from the mass of calendar events:
- all-day events,
- recurring events,
- shared events.
In this post I’ll describe these event types at length.
An all-day event is an event that lasts the entire day or longer, e.g. two or three days. To create an all-day event, you just need to check a special box and select the needed dates. The detailed instructions are:
1. Click the ‘Calendar’ link in the middle of the start page or at the very top.
2. Open the needed calendar.
3. Click the ‘Add Event’ link next to the current date.
4. Fill in the form introduced within the opened ‘Add New Event’ window:
- enter the event title,
- check the ‘All-day event’ box,
- select the event dates using the ‘From’ and ‘To’ calendars,
- set the reminder time in the ‘Alert’ drop-down box,
- add a description for the new event if needed.
5. Click the ‘Save’ button.
The newly created event will be displayed within the selected calendar for the days you set.
It might happen that some of the data concerning an event has changed and you need to edit it. For this purpose find the necessary event in the calendar, click it and press the ‘Edit’ button in the opened window. Another window will pop up letting you make changes in the current event. To delete an all-day event from the calendar, click it and press the ‘Delete’ button in the appeared window.
Note: your colleagues' birthdays also belong to all-day events, but they can't be edited or deleted. The only thing you can do is to make them invisible clicking the icon. You can also delete 'Users' Birthdays' from the calendars list at all clicking the icon and unchecking the 'Users' Birthdays' box within the 'Manage Other Calendars' window.
A recurring event is an event that repeats on a regular basis: daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. To create such an event, you should access the ‘Create New Event’ window the same way as described above for all-day events and open the ‘Repeat’ drop-down list selecting the recurrence period: every day, every week, every month, every year.
To edit or delete a recurring event proceed through the same steps mentioned above.
If you plan a corporate meeting or seminar, the easiest way to inform all the participants about an upcoming event is to add an event to your calendar and share it with all the participants. To share any existing event with your colleagues, follow the easy steps below:
1. Find the respective event in the calendar and click it.
2. Press the ‘Edit’ button in the opened window.
3. Click the ‘Add users for sharing’ link.
4. In the ‘Sharing Settings’ pop-up window, click the ‘Add users’ link if you’d like to share your event with a person or several colleagues or the ‘Add group’ link if you want your event to be available for every portal user, administrators, several departments or a single one.
5. The added users or groups will be displayed within the same window where you can set the access level for each of them – the ‘Read Only’ option is selected by default, you can change it to ‘Full Access’ choosing this option from the list.*
* 'Read Only' means that the event can only be viewed, 'Full Access' means that the event can also be edited.
6. Click the ‘Save’ button.
After that all the portal users you shared your event with will be informed about that per email or TeamLab Talk depending on the notification type selected by them on the ‘Subscriptions’ page. If you set an event reminder in the ‘Alert’ drop-down list, the colleagues you added for sharing will also be reminded of this event a certain time before it takes place.
That’s all for this topic so far. If you have questions and need assistance, please visit our Help Center or write an email to our Support Team. In case you have a great idea concerning TeamLab improvement or just want to express your opinion, you can leave your feedback that will surely be checked out and taken into consideration.