The year 2018 was highly productive and intense for ONLYOFFICE. We advanced the functionality of all our solutions, created several new apps, formed a number of big partnerships and built a foundation for broad future development opportunities. In this post, read an overview of what we have achieved this year.
- How To deploy ONLYOFFICE with Nextcloud effortlessly. Learn how to use one command with Docker Compose to get the combo running.
- ONLYOFFICE online editors 5.2 with enhanced usability and new features. This fruitful release gave you such tools as bookmarks, customizable Content Controls, new modes and tabs around the suite.
- How ONLYOFFICE complies with GDPR. This article goes over features of ONLYOFFICE that make it one of the most secure and transparent collaborative suites, as well as fully compliant with the European law.
- ONLYOFFICE or LibreOffice: what to choose when you decide to ditch Microsoft. See two solutions in a deep comparison starting from the bare skeleton.
- Everything you need to know about work with forms in ONLYOFFICE.
- ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors underwent a huge transformation: the suite got a completely new interface, macros, and breakthrough encryption functionality. ONLYOFFICE for desktop also became available as a snap package and as AppImage.
- Thanks to uprising demand, Content Controls feature now lets you compose customizable forms and create surveys and legal documents of any type.
- We integrated WordPress and EasyBib plugins to let you enjoy more of professional writing.
- We launched Projects application for iOS devices. Have you already gone mobile for managing your tasks? Hurry up to the App Store!
- More about the mobile, the Documents app for Android was completely rethought and re-launched.
- ONLYOFFICE in combination with Nextcloud and ownCloud is now available as virtual app appliances: easy-to-install virtual machines for private clouds provided by Univenton.
- Portal menu became customizable: add any third-party resources or own services as quick access links right in your portal.
- This year ONLYOFFICE became official partners with Nextcloud, ownCloud and Pydio to work deeper and broader on integration with the platforms, as well as an integration app for XWiki and Pydio.
- We launched a series of articles about companies that help ONLYOFFICE reach customers on local markets around the world. Read more about some of our worldwide agents: ByBit (Brazil), Full IP Solutions (France), Siedl Networks (Austria) and Denevy (Czech Republic).
- More non-profit organizations chose ONLYOFFICE to help achieve their missions. For example, Twickenham Tigers FC, Mülheim Association and Tokenization Agency.
- For the first time we took part in two big annual gatherings: Nextcloud Conference and ownCloud Conference.
- We visited Univention Summit to present ONLYOFFICE editors to UCS users and CS3 conference in Krakow to speak about integrating our collaborative suite in Sync&Share platforms.
Glad to announce that in 2019 we are coming to Univention Summit as a Gold Sponsor, stay tuned.
- In September, ONLYOFFICE got in Gartner’s FrontRunners on SoftwareAdvice in Project Management category.
- Our free Documents apps for iOS and Android were reviewed and certified by independent UK teachers and are now featured in Educational App Store.
- ONLYOFFICE received great press features in Heise Select, TechRepublic, LinuxInsider, PCMag and CloudComputing Insider.
ONLYOFFICE has always focused on staying the most capable, compatible and convenient office suite of all. Read about how ONLYOFFICE competes with others on our comparison page, or check these lists of MS office alternatives in the press that featured ONLYOFFICE this year:
- OMG FOSS
- H2S Media
This year was big, and we are planning so many great things ahead for the next one! Thank you for staying with us.