Good news, everyone!
The official ONLYOFFICE connector became the first partner certified add-on on Nuxeo Marketplace. Now Nuxeo Platform users are able to edit and seamlessly collaborate on office documents right inside their content management system. Read this post to learn more.
Nuxeo is an open-source project creating world-class solutions for enterprise content management (ECM) and digital asset management (DAM). Nuxeo is focused on delivering a better way of managing all types of enterprise information and building business applications.
Cloud-native and low-code, Nuxeo Platform is deployed by the companies around the world such as Accor, TBWA, Electronic Arts, Leroy Merlin to make their businesses truly agile and future-proof. Founded in 2008, the company is increasing its global presence and spanning three continents now: Europe, North America, and Asia.
In the day-to-day running, Nuxeo users create, store, and collaborate on all kinds of file formats: office documents, PDF, images, videos, etc. To enable users to edit office documents right inside the content management system, without downloading them or switching between multiple apps, it is necessary to connect Nuxeo to a third-party cloud collaboration solution. It can be a constraint if Nuxeo users don’t want to make use of cloud office suites.
To respond to this need, the ONLYOFFICE developers have decided to create the integration app to connect these services and thus provide Nuxeo users with a self-hosted and feature-rich alternative.
Based on their previous experience (examples of connectors are given in the ONLYOFFICE documentation) and inspired by best practices available in the Nuxeo University, our developers got down to work.
After the first internal tests, we submitted the connector and the documentation for review. The Nuxeo team closely examined the code and all other elements, then they tested the add-on to make sure that all the tools perform as they should.
The ONLYOFFICE integration app has achieved the highest level of certification and is available now on Nuxeo Marketplace with all necessary documentation.
First, you need to install ONLYOFFICE:
- ONLYOFFICE Integration Edition if you need scalability, professional features, and tech assistance. Visit Help Center for installation instructions.
- ONLYOFFICE Home Server, a tariff for home use with advanced editing and collaboration features. Visit Help Center for installation instructions.
- A free community version that features basic functionality and simultaneous connections limited to 20 documents. Follow the instructions for Docker (option recommandée) (recommended) or Linux installation.
Once you have ONLYOFFICE instance running, get ONLYOFFICE connector from Nuxeo Marketplace, then follow the instructions to install and configure it.
To access the editors’ interface within Nuxeo, just click on the ONLYOFFICE icon in the document menu:
- Create and edit text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX.
- View PDF, ODT, ODS, ODP, DOC, XLS, PPT, CSV, RTF files.
- Share documents with other users of your platform.
- Co-edit documents in real-time with two co-editing modes (real-time and paragraph-locking), change tracking, comments, and a built-in chat.
Visit GitHub to find the code repository of the connector.
Are you convinced yet to integrate ONLYOFFICE into your corporate web service? Try now>>
Do you want to integrate ONLYOFFICE into your favorite platform? Find ONLYOFFICE ready-to-use connectors here.
Did you not find an app to connect ONLYOFFICE to your favorite web service? Let us know>>
Do you know the web services that would benefit from editing and co-editing features or have you developed your own integration app? Share in comments or tweet us at @only_office