The topic of my today’s post is data transfer from Google Apps to your TeamLab portal. Let’s stipulate at the very beginning what exactly you can import:
Importing Contacts as TeamLab Portal Users
Being a portal administrator and having the contacts you need for your business at your Google account, you can import them to your TeamLab portal as users. To do that, please proceed through the following steps:
2. Click the ‘Add Users’ link situated on the panel above.
Note: you can also find this link within the 'Community' and 'Projects' modules.
3. In the opened ‘Add users to the portal’ window, click the ‘Google’ icon.
4. Then you will need to log in into your Google account to allow TeamLab to access the data stored at Google by clicking the ‘Grant Access’ button.
5. Your contacts from the Google account will be shown within the ‘Add users to the portal’ window. All contacts are selected by default. Uncheck the boxes next to the contacts you don’t want to import. Click the ‘Add selected users’ button.
6. You will see a message letting you know that the import process is successfully completed.
To view the imported users on the portal, switch to the ‘Community’, ‘Projects’, or ‘CRM’ module and open the ‘Users’ tab. As simple as that!
Importing Files from Google Docs
1. Access your TeamLab portal using your login details.
2. Click the ‘Documents’ link on the start page or at the very top of any portal page.
3. Click the ‘Import from…’ link to open a dropdown menu and select the ‘Import from Google Docs’ option.
4. Then you will need to log in into your Google account to allow TeamLab access the data stored at Google by clicking the ‘Grant Access’ button.
5. All the documents from Google Docs (including author names and file creation dates) will be displayed in the ‘Import from Google Docs’ window. Select the files you want to import into your TeamLab portal checking the boxes next to them.
6. Have a look at the lower part of the window. You need to select a section where your files will be imported to. By default the section is selected that is currently opened. To change the section, click the
Note: as a portal administrator, you can select between two sections – 'My Documents' and 'Common Documents', while being a portal user, you can import files into 'My Documents' section only.
7. Select an action that will be taken in case of a file conflict whether the documents with the same titles will be overwritten (the ‘Overwrite’ option) or the imported document will be ignored and the existing document will be preserved (the ‘Ignore’ option).
8. Click the ‘Import’ button. After that you will see the importing progress.
The section (or folder if you assigned it) where you saved your imported documents will open. There you will find the ‘Import from Google Docs’ folder containing your files.
Importing Events from Google Calendar
1. Enter your Google Calendar.
2. Find the needed calendar in the ‘My Calendars’ section, open the drop-down list next to it and select the ‘Calendar Settings’ option.
3. In the ‘Private Address’ section, click the
Note: if your calendar is publicly shared, you'll need to click the 'iCal' icon within the 'Calendar Address' section.
4. Save the exported file to the desired folder on your computer.
Note: to export content from all calendars in your 'My calendars' list:
1. Click the drop-down arrow next to 'My calendars' and choose 'Settings'.
2. On the 'Calendar Settings' page, click the 'Export calendars' link at the bottom of the 'My Calendars' section. Keep in mind that you won't be able to bulk export calendars in your 'Other Calendars' list (for example, public calendars you've added to your list, shared calendars with 'view' access only, etc.)
3. In the resulting compressed folder, you'll see an ICS file for each of the calendars you have permission to 'Make changes and manage sharing' for.
5. Access your TeamLab portal using your login details.
6. Click the ‘Calendar’ link at the very top of any portal page.
7. Open a dropdown menu clicking the ‘Add’ link and select the ‘New calendar’ option if you want to import events from the needed Google calendar into a new calendar on your TeamLab portal.
Note: to import events from your Google Calendar into an existing calendar at TeamLab, direct your mouse cursor to a calendar within the 'My Calendars' section. Directly after that the
8. In the opened ‘Add new calendar’ window, click the ‘Import events from Google Calendar’ link.
9. Select the exported file stored on your computer HDD and click ‘Open’.
10. Press the ‘Save’ button.
Now you can view the imported events within TeamLab Calendar, edit, or delete them.
Note: please make sure you entered the feed link starting with http://.
That’s all for today. Please feel free to leave comments in case you have questions that are not covered in the post. If you need assistance, visit our Help Center or write to our Support Team. Your opinion on TeamLab as well as ideas for further development are welcome on our special feedback page.
Great news, everyone! The version 5.0 of our free app ONLYOFFICE Documents for iOS is now available for download. Here’s…
Good news, everyone! We’ve updated ONLYOFFICE integration app for ownCloud to version 3.0.1, offering you a few useful improvements. Learn…
Hello everyone! We’ve updated ONLYOFFICE integration app for Nextcloud to version 3.0, with several cool features released. Read this post and…
Great news, everyone! Version 5.4 of ONLYOFFICE Online Editors is already available with a lot of enhancements, including improved charts,…
Hello everyone! Read this post to take a look at the latest releases, partnerships, events and other stories from ONLYOFFICE.…
Hello! Upcoming autumn months are going to be extremely productive for ONLYOFFICE team. Our schedule includes four important events in Berlin…