Within TeamLab Calendar it’s possible to share events which belong to your personal calendars only (i.e. calendars situated in the ‘My Calendars’ section). If you want to share an already existing event with other portal users, follow these easy steps:
2. In the appeared window, press the ‘Edit’ button.
3. Click the ‘Add users for sharing’ link within the editing window.
4. The ‘Sharing Settings’ window will pop up letting you select the users or groups you want to share your event with:
All added users or groups will appear within the current window.
5. Set the access rights for the added users or groups using the ‘Read only’ link next to each of them. The ‘read only’ access means that the event will be added into ‘Events shared with me’ of the users you shared your event with and they will only be able to view it. The other available option is ‘full access’, that also means that the event will be added into ‘Events shared with me’ of the users you shared your event with, but they will also be able to edit it (see the ‘Editing Events and Calendars Shared with You’ part of this post). If you want to deny access to the event for a certain user, just click the
6. Click the ‘Save’ button.
You can also share an event while creating it within one of your personal calendars. To do that, just use the same ‘Add users for sharing’ link within the event creating window.
After saving the changes within the event, all portal users you shared it with will be notified about that by email or Talk depending on the option selected on the ‘Subscriptions’ page.
1. To check the notification type, click the link with your name at the very top and select the 'Subscriptions' option from the list. On the opened page, find the 'Calendar' section and view the currently selected option in the 'Notify by' column.
2. If you don't receive notifications about events and calendars shared with you, you are obviously unsubscribed from them. To subscribe to them again, just click the 'Subscribe' link within the 'Sharing of Calendars & Events' line in the 'Calendar' section. By default all portal users are subscribed to shared events and calendars.
Sharing Personal Calendars
Please bear in mind that you can share the calendars situated within the ‘My Calendars’ section only. To do that, proceed through these easy steps:
2. Press the ‘Add users for sharing’ link.
3. In the ‘Sharing Settings’ window, select the users or groups you want to share your calendar with, as described above.
4. Set the access rights for each user or group choosing between ‘read only’ and ‘full access’, as described above.
5. Click the ‘Save’ button twice – within the ‘Sharing Settings’ and ‘Edit Calendar’ windows.
After saving the changes, all portal users you shared your calendar with will be notified about that by email or Talk depending on the option selected on the ‘Subscriptions’ page (see the Note above).
To make the shared calendar appear in the ‘Other Calendars’ section of the users you shared it with, they need to click the
Let’s assume, you received a notification saying you were granted full access rights for your colleague’s personal calendar or event. What does it really mean? Let’s make an attempt to get points clear!
You surely know, if you were shared a calendar and got a read only access to it, you can only view the events which belong to this calendar. But having a full access, you can create new events as well as change and delete the already existing ones from the shared calendar, alter the calendar name, event notification time, event and text color, calendar sharing settings. All these changes will be applied to your calendar copy only.
As for shared events, the editing operations (available with a full access to the event only) include: changing or adding the start and end dates, repeat period and notification time, sharing settings, event description as well as turning it to an all-day event. The only exception represents the parameters of the calendar that includes the current event, i.e. the event and text colors.
Tips & Tricks:
That’s all for this topic so far. If you have questions and need assistance, please visit our Help Center or write an email to our Support Team. In case you have a great idea concerning TeamLab improvement or just want to express your opinion, you can leave your feedback that will surely be checked out and taken into consideration.
Hello everyone! We’ve updated ONLYOFFICE integration app for Nextcloud to version 3.0, with several cool features released. Read this post and…
Great news, everyone! Version 5.4 of ONLYOFFICE Online Editors is already available with a lot of enhancements, including improved charts,…
Hello everyone! Read this post to take a look at the latest releases, partnerships, events and other stories from ONLYOFFICE.…
Hello! Upcoming autumn months are going to be extremely productive for ONLYOFFICE team. Our schedule includes four important events in Berlin…
Hello! We invite you to tune in to live sessions with our support team and learn more about ONLYOFFICE tools.…
Great news, everyone! The new version of ONLYOFFICE Document Builder, our library for generating docs, is now available on GitHub…