The Documents module of TeamLab platform represents a place where all the files of an organization can be stored, viewed*, created*, edited*, shared, be it a text document, online excel spreadsheet, image file or presentation.
* Note: if you use the current open source or AMI version, where TeamLab Online Editor is not available, you can't view, create, and edit documents right on your portal. To do that, you need to download files to your computer right-clicking them and selecting the Download Document option.
The module includes four folders:
1. Select the needed file in the list checking its box
2. Click the Access link at the top
3. In the opened Permission Settings window, you’ll see two tabs – Users and Groups:
4. Select a user or a group in the drop-down list at the bottom of the window
5. Click the Add User or Add Group button
6. All the added users or groups will appear in the Permission Settings window. Next to each added user or group you’ll see the Read Only link. That is the default permission. You can change it clicking the link and selecting one of the following options:
7. Finally, click the Save button.
After you proceeded through these steps, the document will appear in the Shared with Me folder of the selected user or group of users.
Watch this video on how to grant permissions to a certain user or group.
1. Find the needed file in the My Documents folder,
2. Direct the mouse cursor to the box next to it and click the appeared black arrow,
3. Select the Move to option from the list,
4. In the next list, select the Shared Documents folder.
After that your document will be moved to the Shared Documents folder and can be viewed by all portal members.
Note: only portal administrators have the right to perform this operation. Being a portal user, you can move your documents to a certain folder situated within the Shared Documents folder if you have full access rights for this certain folder.
Hello everyone! We’ve updated ONLYOFFICE integration app for Nextcloud to version 3.0, with several cool features released. Read this post and…
Great news, everyone! Version 5.4 of ONLYOFFICE Online Editors is already available with a lot of enhancements, including improved charts,…
Hello everyone! Read this post to take a look at the latest releases, partnerships, events and other stories from ONLYOFFICE.…
Hello! Upcoming autumn months are going to be extremely productive for ONLYOFFICE team. Our schedule includes four important events in Berlin…
Hello! We invite you to tune in to live sessions with our support team and learn more about ONLYOFFICE tools.…
Great news, everyone! The new version of ONLYOFFICE Document Builder, our library for generating docs, is now available on GitHub…