The Documents module of TeamLab platform represents a place where all the files of an organization can be stored, viewed*, created*, edited*, shared, be it a text document, online excel spreadsheet, image file or presentation.
* Note: if you use the current open source or AMI version, where TeamLab Online Editor is not available, you can't view, create, and edit documents right on your portal. To do that, you need to download files to your computer right-clicking them and selecting the Download Document option.
The module includes four folders:
1. Select the needed file in the list checking its box
2. Click the Access link at the top
3. In the opened Permission Settings window, you’ll see two tabs – Users and Groups:
4. Select a user or a group in the drop-down list at the bottom of the window
5. Click the Add User or Add Group button
6. All the added users or groups will appear in the Permission Settings window. Next to each added user or group you’ll see the Read Only link. That is the default permission. You can change it clicking the link and selecting one of the following options:
7. Finally, click the Save button.
After you proceeded through these steps, the document will appear in the Shared with Me folder of the selected user or group of users.
Watch this video on how to grant permissions to a certain user or group.
1. Find the needed file in the My Documents folder,
2. Direct the mouse cursor to the box next to it and click the appeared black arrow,
3. Select the Move to option from the list,
4. In the next list, select the Shared Documents folder.
After that your document will be moved to the Shared Documents folder and can be viewed by all portal members.
Note: only portal administrators have the right to perform this operation. Being a portal user, you can move your documents to a certain folder situated within the Shared Documents folder if you have full access rights for this certain folder.
The Institute of Biology of Lille has implemented ONLYOFFICE within its research units to facilitate workflow. This use case was…
Shortly after CS3, we visited another event meaningful for European open-source community: FOSDEM 2020 in Brussels. Read more in this…
Last week, the ONLYOFFICE team went to a notable event for the global scientific community: Workshop on Cloud Services for…
Hi everybody! We are going to wrap up our series of winter business trips with attending MWC Barcelona this February.…
ONLYOFFICE is proud to announce its official partnership with CEO-Vision. The agreement was signed on the margins of the Paris…
Hi everyone! Most of the ways to integrate ONLYOFFICE with Nextcloud are described in our API documentation, but some cases…