Happy new working year to everyone! Though holidays are left behind, we still have some gifts left. Recently we’ve received a considerable number of requests for a server version of TeamLab, not to mention the permanent demand on the part of open source community supporters.
Our new solution got its name as Server Community Edition due to two reasons:
- it’s a freely downloadable version to your servers available at SourceForge and GitHub.
- we’d really like to build an active open-source community whose users will exchange their ideas and help each other.
The Community Edition functionality will satisfy those who need comprehensive project and document management as well as any size team collaboration as it includes the following TeamLab Office modules and tools from SaaS version 7.5:
- Project Management (milestones, tasks and subtasks)
- Document Management (file sharing, doc versions)
- Document embedding
- Business Collaboration (blogs, forums, polls)
- Mail aggregator
- People module
- Instant Messenger
Meanwhile, take note that there’re certain feature limitations that are available only in SaaS version:
- Online Office Apps
- Collaborative editing
- Gantt Chart
- Integration with third-party services
- Mobile Apps
- Portal data backup
- Advanced access rights
Note: If you’re using an express server version 6.5 with MySQL installed, the update to 7.5 will be made automatically during the deployment process. The data backup stronly recommended.
If you have any questions or doubts feel free to share them in comments or write to firstname.lastname@example.org