Step-by-step guide for TeamLab open source deployment

During last week we received several emails with different questions and suggestions on TeamLab local deployment. Our developers tried to take into account all the issues and prepared a step-by-step installation guide. You can download PDF instruction following this link: TeamLabinstall_EN. Or it can also be found at SourceForge along with our source code in the TeamLab v2.0 directory.

We tried to make the instruction as comprehensive as possible. So that even basic knowledge in Windows administration is enough to deploy a host-it-yourself TeamLab solution.

I’d like to thank all TeamLab users who reported issues and advised improvements to TeamLab. Please get in touch with us if you have additional questions or face difficulties during installation of TeamLab. Just drop a comment here or send us an email.

You are always welcome to contribute to our project!

UPD: TeamLab installation guide was supplemented with new section “Configuring TeamLab to work with MySQL”. Now you can easily migrate TeamLab from SQLite database to MySQL.

1. UC - Reply
    July 26, 2010 at 6:29 am

Hi there, till our tests are finished we are using the clouded teamlab for our non profit organization. The Most needed Feature that we need in temlab besides the German localization is a GROUPCHAT functionality. In a team collaboration it should be necessary to chat wihh the team that is involved in a project teamchat would help a lot. Great add-on feature in this matter would also be that the chatlog can be added to a Forum or Blogpost or only be saved in the system. I also send thos Feature request to the contact@teamlab.com mailadress. Best regards UC

• ast - Reply
      July 26, 2010 at 8:22 am

You can use TM Talk Multi User Chat feature, but it’s not availible through web interface. You can create group chats in desktop clients such as miranda, pidgin etc and use teamlab as server

2. July 27, 2010 at 10:18 am

very right, and group chat feature in web version of tm talk is the most awaited feature. after using your outstanding web chat interface, we don’t want to go back to other desktop client, also if you can provide a desktop client it is best.

• ast - Reply
      July 28, 2010 at 11:09 am

Any desktop client, that supports XMPP, Jabber works with TM Talk

3. how to install for windows2008 R2 - Reply
    August 4, 2010 at 9:42 am

install for windows2008 R2 Error

• August 4, 2010 at 11:25 am

What kind of error? Please describe.

• August 5, 2010 at 7:00 am

This was fixed. Probably it’s some other issue..

• September 26, 2011 at 10:23 am

Dear,

Kindly tell me about the installation of TeamLab open source,

Thanks,
        Liaquat Ali,
        Network Administrator,
        +923462772944

4. Asshu - Reply
    August 7, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Error with this link :http://blog.teamlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/TeamLabinstall_EN.pdf
    Not Found

“Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help.”

5. August 19, 2010 at 2:01 am

is anyone else having problems creating the windows service?

Here is my batch file being run in the command console and I am running as administrator:

E:\svrapps\teamlab\service>sc create TeamLabPortal binPath=”e:\svrapps\teamlab\s
    ervice\TeamLabSvc.exe” start=auto
    DESCRIPTION:
    Creates a service entry in the registry and Service Database.
    USAGE:
    sc create [service name] [binPath= ] …

OPTIONS:
    NOTE: The option name includes the equal sign.
    A space is required between the equal sign and the value.
    type=
    (default = own)
    start=
    (default = demand)
    error=
    (default = normal)
    binPath=
    group=
    tag=
    depend=
    obj=
    (default = LocalSystem)
    DisplayName=
    password=

When I goto services the service is not created….

6. August 19, 2010 at 2:14 am

OK – I figured it out. On Page 3 of the install guide, Step 5

The command given to create the windows service is:

sc create TeamLabPortal binPath= “с:\teamlab\service\TeamLabSvc.exe” start=auto

IT NEEDS TO BE:

sc create TeamLabPortal binPath= “с:\teamlab\service\TeamLabSvc.exe” start= auto

——–

there needs to be a space after every param= entry. In this case I just needed to add a space after start=

Dave

7. August 19, 2010 at 4:12 am

I have another. I am trying to deploy on MySQL and after following the steps in the manual I am receiving:

Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Data.SQLite’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Not sure why this assembly is trying to get loaded?

8. Nishant - Reply
    August 26, 2010 at 10:45 am

Hi,

I am trying to deploy TeamLab to Rackspace Cloud Sites, and runnig into a few issues. I’ve managed to build it, and upload the necessary files. I’ve also made the changes where I saw feasible to mySQL instead of Sqlite.

The issue is that I can’t create a service on Rackspace Clouds, but I dont know if it’s a show stopper. The main show stopper was that I needed the application to run in a Medium Trust environment that Rackspace has. Is this possible? I am getting a permissions error.

Here is the link to rackspace’s modified medium trust policies: http://cloudsites.rackspacecloud.com/index.php/Overview_of_modified_Medium_Trust

Can you please help me out on what we can do to host this on Rackspace Cloud Sites?

Thanks,
    Nishant

• August 26, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Hi Nishant,
      We will look into this issue, but can’t promise that we will quickly find a solution for you.
      Currently we are working on Amazon Public AMI that will be preconfigured. So for now I can suggest you to register for the current TeamLab SaaS solution. And when we deploy Public AMI you will be able to make a smooth transition to AMI with the back up utility. Probably this alternative solution will work for you.

• Nishant - Reply
        August 27, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I’ve decided to get Rackspace Cloud Servers where I will be able to just install it myself instead of using Cloud Sites. This way it can be utilized in a Full Trust environment.

Amazon is costlier than Rackspace IMO. Rackspace is simple and easy to use; whereas you just get confused going to Amazon’s site.

9. Nishant - Reply
    August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Installed on a server on the internet: fixed the SQLiteDB fix for windows 2008 r2 64bit

Getting the following error now.
    Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.

10. Nishant - Reply
    August 30, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I guess you have to run the service no matter what even if you are deploying on the internet right?

• August 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Yes, to run the portal you have to run the service. Also note, if you restart the service, the site must be restarted as well.

• Nishant - Reply
        August 30, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Running into an issue where I get redirected back to teamlab.com Something is hitting the webappconfig file. Why would this happen?

• Nishant - Reply
          August 30, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Worked on the Intranet, but I need it to work over the internet

• August 31, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Answered you via email. We fixed this issue and soon will also update the source code.

• Timo - Reply
            September 10, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I have the same problem. How can I fix it?
            Best regards Timo

• September 13, 2010 at 9:22 am

Hello Timo,
              Please contact us at support@teamlab.com, so that we could send you a DLL file which should fix this problem.

11. Tom - Reply
    September 13, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Having issues with running the service on a 64 bit platform. SQL Lite is a mixed assembly so when the service launches it tries to run the 64bit SQL Lite but the service seems to be running a 32 bit web server. Would be much easier if I could just run this within IIS myself…

• Tom - Reply
      September 13, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I should have mentioned, that I tried running it in IIS as I know is possible, but running in IIS I am getting the errors with the IPC port not available. When I run this on a 32 bit machine it runs beautifully though!!!

12. Tom - Reply
    September 13, 2010 at 8:39 pm

I hate it when this happens… just reinstalled everything, rebuilt from src, and now it is running! I did have to enable 32-bit applications in the IIS pool, but I’m not getting the IPC error anymore… not sure what happened. Very happy now!

• September 14, 2010 at 9:12 am

Hello Tom,
      We are glad to hear that you figured everything out and finally managed to deploy the platform. If you experience any problems in the future, feel free to contact us at once at support@teamlab.com

13. Ramon - Reply
    October 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I have installed the service TeamLabPortal, but when I try to start it I obtain the following error:

Service cannot be started. System.Net.HttpListenerException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Can someone help me? Thanks.

• Ramon - Reply
      October 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I found the solution. The port I was using it wasn’t the correct one. Make sure you choose a free port to use.

Bye

• October 12, 2010 at 8:24 am

Hello Ramon,
        We’re glad to hear that you figured it out in the end. But if you experience any problems with TeamLab in the future, you are more than welcome to contact us at support@teamlab.com – we’ll gladly help you! 😉

14. Sam - Reply
    October 28, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Hi,
    1/ Is it possible to install Teamlab on a commercial or free web host (e.g. Zymic)?
    2/ Is it possible to use a different language file on your cloud Teamlab installation?

I’d like to prepare a draft translation of Teamlab to another language and experiment with Teamlab using the new language files. Our organization doesn’t have intranet or internet servers of this capacity.

Thanks

15. Stewart Lawton - Reply
    November 19, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I have set up Team lab using the built in webserver and all areas are displayed, however when I run this hosted in IIS the projects section is not being displayed. I have made the changes to launch section in the services config file to core,services but I am lost as to way the project section does not display? Any pointers would be helpful

• Stewart Lawton - Reply
      November 22, 2010 at 2:24 pm

My mistake checked the log files and the network service didn’t have the required access rights to the folder. Whoops.

All is good now.

• November 22, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Hello Stewart,
        We are glad to hear that it works now. Sorry for the delay in response. In the future, you are welcome to report all bugs and problems to us via e-mail (support@teamlab.com) and we will certainly look into it!

16. November 28, 2010 at 3:46 am

Was able to install the source on my windows server with no problem. However, I don’t see the Time function available in Projects. Is it a config item that needs to be turned on? If so, I’m just missing it in the docs I guess.

• November 29, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Hello Eric,
      You don’t see the time-tracking function because we haven’t updated the source code on SourceForge yet. We plan to update the source code with all new features within the next few days for sure. Sorry for the inconveniences caused.

17. December 11, 2010 at 7:18 am

Having discovered TeamLab just a few days ago, I can honestly say it stacks up well against several of its competitors. (I’m a former BaseCamp and ActivCollab user.)

I’d already downloaded TeamLab in anticipation of installing it on one of our servers before learning it doesn’t run under Linux. Being a proponent of free, open source software, I’m pleased to see a GPL’d version of TeamLab, but highly disappointed that it only runs on Windows servers. That seems like peddling backwards for open software.

I did run across a blog post, TeamLab vs Basecamp: A Project Management Duel, in which Svetlana comments “. . . we plan transition to the Mono platform – that may be a good news for the linux fans”.

This would not just be good news for Linux fans, it would be smart since there are thousands upon thousands of businesses running their internal and external web services on Linux hosting.

Meanwhile, thanks! You have a great SAaS product which I’m giving a trial run even as I write this. I’m looking forward to the “other” version but still appreciate the effort you’ve put into both software and the open source community.

• December 13, 2010 at 10:10 am

We are glad that you think TeamLab stands up to its competitor’s – thanks for these supportive comments! :)

We completely agree with you that being able to run TeamLab on a Linux server would be very beneficial. This transition is still on our road-map, but so far it’s hard to stick to any exact dates.

• Rama - Reply
        June 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Considering the overwhelming majority of web servers are Linux based (http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2011/01/12/january-2011-web-server-survey-4.html) it’s evident that you’ve lost out on a massive market!

Just thought you’d like to know, because I just had a budget rich client that wanted to contact you all for some consulting work (regarding Teamlab), but when they saw you were Windows only, they went with someone else.

Maybe you and your visitors can create a win-win if you were to go cross-platform.

• September 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Hi there, we’re strongly considering Teamlab but disappointed that we can’t install locally on Linux servers. Do you have date yet or planned release for a version that will run under the most popular server OS in the world? 😉

sc

• Toto - Reply
          December 13, 2011 at 4:42 pm

+1 !

• Rafi - Reply
            January 20, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Linux please!

• John S. - Reply
        May 27, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Almost two years later, and no Linux based server version (or any update)?

Linux is the primary and most used web server platform. Microsoft servers are only 13.66% of the market for April 2012. Don’t believe this? See here: http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2012/04/04/april-2012-web-server-survey.html

18. lepine - Reply
    March 27, 2011 at 12:04 pm

hello I cannot even open the visual studio 2008 project for teamlab.src.v2.2.rev16963 : it says the local IIS has not been configured. I accepted then it says it cannot find localhost. I tested localhost in browser and it works so why this message ?

Why is the process so special instead of conforming to usual visual studio project ?

19. Olga - Reply
    March 28, 2011 at 11:11 am

Hi!We have sent you the answer to your email.

20. eplacedaj - Reply
    April 12, 2011 at 4:41 am

Hi,

Need help on this. I’ve tried to configure my SMTP Settings, All the info are placed but when i try to send test message an error occurred “Failure sending mail”. What maybe the reason i was not able to send mail. Thanks.

21. Olga - Reply
    April 12, 2011 at 9:09 am

To help you to resolve this issue, we need a screenshot of your SMTP Settings. Please send it and the problem description to support@teamlab.com.

• eplacedaj - Reply
      May 2, 2011 at 9:26 am

Hi Olga,

I just send the screenshot for your reference. I hope we can resolve this problem for these will help a lot here in the office.

Thanks in advance.

• Olga - Reply
        May 3, 2011 at 9:39 am

Good, be sure – our support team will help you

• eplacedaj - Reply
          May 3, 2011 at 10:07 am

Thanks for the quick response. When can i get the solution to the problem?

• Olga - Reply
            May 3, 2011 at 11:35 am

For some reason our support has not received you letter with screenshot. Could you please send it once again to support@teamlab.com

• eplacedaj - Reply
            May 4, 2011 at 4:38 am

Hi,

i just send the email. Please check thanks.

22. April 28, 2011 at 12:33 am

I’m trying to configure it on my own server. Lots of difficult.
    Can you guys assist me on it or provide me a how-to ?
    I’m under windows 2003, x64

Thanks.

23. vitich - Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Hello! I`ve just installed “teamlab” from source. Everything works fine, but I have a problem with “talk” webinterface – it doesn`t work – cannot connect.
    Anyway, great product. Thank you very much!

• Olga - Reply
      May 3, 2011 at 9:35 am

Thanks! Please write to support@teamlab.com and our specialists will help you to fix the error.

24. Darth - Reply
    May 6, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Hi,
    I just installed teamlab and WOW :)
    I noticed that the install pdf mentions some files that aren’t there (at least in my install) to change the settings for Talk.
    Talk does not work for us… but … I am deploying on the internet, and I am willing to be that I have firewalled the ports that are needed. Can you tell me which ports to open, and if there are any other additional steps I need to take.

Thanks!

• Olga - Reply
      May 18, 2011 at 11:14 am

Darth, sorry for the late answer! In case of such questions please write to support@teamlab.com and our specialists will contact you shortly.

25. eplacedaj - Reply
    May 18, 2011 at 10:56 am

Hi,

Please help. Do we need to join the server to its domain for the Teamlab to work or it is okie that it is just on the Workgroup w/o a domain? Thanks alot.

26. Olga - Reply
    May 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm

It is OK if it is just on the workgroup without a domain.

27. June 25, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Wow! I am loveing TeamLab and having used ActiveCollab and BaseCamp, I can only say that TL is cooking! For me its appeal is two fold: .Net and Open Source!!

I will be investing more of my time and chatting to my team about this. You have a winner here :)

28. Niels Stoltze - Reply
    September 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Hi,

I followed the install guide, but it dows not mention anything on how to install Sqlite. I get this error when trying to load TeamLabSvc.exe
    Any idea why..?

2011-09-05 21:51:45,763 ERROR ASC.Launcher – System.BadImageFormatException: Cou
    attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    File name: ‘System.Data.SQLite’
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError,
    Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
    loadTypeFromPartialName)
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError,
    Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, B
    oolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Type.GetType(String typeName)
    at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(DataRow providerRow)
    at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariant
    Name)
    at ASC.Common.Data.DbRegistry.RegisterDatabase(String databaseId, String prov
    iderInvariantName, String connectionString)
    at ASC.Common.Data.DbRegistry.RegisterDatabase(String databaseId, ConnectionS
    tringSettings connectionString)
    at ASC.CorporateServices.Launcher.PrepareCoreHost()
    at ASC.CorporateServices.Launcher.Start()
    at ASC.CorporateServices.WinConsole.ConsoleLauncher.Start()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
    icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
    gging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
    ion!EnableLog].

29. September 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Thank you for a great product!
    I have only one problem with teamlab deployment on our Windows Server 2003
    SP1 – Documents module doesn’t work – it opens, allows to upload file, but no files or folders visible.
    When I try to create a new folder, there is a message ‘ErrorUnknown source’ appears. In Favourites section there is an error:
    This page contains the following errors:error on line 23 at column 36:
    StartTag: invalid element name Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error. var fckEditorOncompleteArr = new Array(); function addFckEditor_OnComplete(func, arg) { fckEditorOncompleteArr.push({ f:
    func, a: arg }); } function FCKeditor_OnComplete(editorInstance) { try {
    var fck_editing_area = editorInstance.EditingArea.TargetElement;
    fck_editing_area.style.height = ‘100.1%’; setTimeout(function() { fck_editing_area.style.height = ‘100%’; }, 100); if
    (typeof(Page_FCKeditor_OnComplete) == ‘function’) { Page_FCKeditor_OnComplete(editorInstance); } for (var i = 0; i

• September 27, 2011 at 2:12 pm

TheSame

• Olga - Reply
      September 27, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Thank you very much for your kind words! Unfortunately, we do not support open source users any more as their number has grown dramatically while our human resources are still limited. There’s some good news though: we’re planning to add paid support. If we decide to do so, you’ll be surely informed about it. Follow us on Twitter!

30. Deepika Mehta - Reply
    December 1, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Hi,

I am not able to install team lab with MYsqldatabase. I have used the version5.2 source and use the following process for configuring TeamLab to work with MY Sql

1. Edit file _ci\deploy\service\TeamLabSvc.exe.Config
    a. Add line to section

b. Change the database connection line in the following section:

2. Edit file _ci\deploy\web.studio\web.connections.config
    Change connection lines for modules from SQLite to MySQL, as described in 1(b).
    3. In MySQL, run the SQL script located in the following path: SQL_Scripts\MySql

Please solve my problem.

31. Deepika Mehta - Reply
    December 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm

1. Edit file _ci\deploy\service\TeamLabSvc.exe.Config

a. Add line to section

b. Change the database connection line in the following section:

2. Edit file _ci\deploy\web.studio\web.connections.config

Change connection lines for modules from SQLite to MySQL, as described in 1(b).

Please solve my problem.
    Thanks

32. Deepika Mehta - Reply
    December 1, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Hi,

Please ignore my two previous post…as the whole content i am posting was not seeing their.here is my problem:
    I am not able to install team lab with MYsqldatabase. I have used version5.2 source and use the following process for configuring TeamLab to work with MY Sql as given in the below link

Please solve my problem.
    Thanks

• Olga - Reply
      December 2, 2011 at 10:41 am

Deepika, could you please describe your problem in more details? All the steps you mentioned in the previous posts are correct.

• Fabio - Reply
        December 9, 2011 at 11:56 am

TeamLab I installed 5.2, I would like to configure TeamLab with Mysql …
        But i can not run it successfully. i do not Understand The Meaning: what is “Your database connection line”? i need details or examples. Can you …

33. Steve - Reply
    December 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Great product – absolutely superb and I was ready to go for it big time for all our intranet requirements but does it work on Linux platforms yet? I noticed this first commented on over a year ago.

• Olga - Reply
      January 9, 2012 at 10:59 am

Steve, thanks for your feedback. We’re glad you enjoy using TeamLab. It still doesn’t support Linux platforms. But we’re considering porting to Mono.

34. Farhan - Reply
    January 6, 2012 at 3:25 pm

It it possible to emphasis more on the same “Your database connection line”. Fir newbies it is hard to get it working. TeamLab is it possible to provide few examples hoe to setup mysql installed local and what will be the connection string.

35. Farhan - Reply
    January 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I figured it out

it should be
    Data Source=localhost; Database=database;Username=dbuser;Password=dbuserpassword;

Regards

• Olga - Reply
      January 9, 2012 at 1:55 pm

We’re glad you’ve got it worked out. Please also make use of the guide for installation of the open source version.

36. Pitchouloute - Reply
    January 10, 2012 at 11:24 am

Hi there,

I’ve just installed the opensource version and it works well on localhost, but I can’t access it on my LAN.

Is there any conf. file to modify to do so ?

37. Pitchouloute - Reply
    January 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Thanks Olga, I just found out that I had to open the 8082 port in the windows firewall : Teamlabsvc was allowed, but it’s not enough.

Kind regards

38. ukbloke - Reply
    January 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Hi it is a great open source solution. I’ve deployed the portal on local server and is working great. Could someone here knows the best strategy to backup the database and portal, what needs to be backed up? Is it possible to use sql server 2008 instead of sqlite?only thing is missing for it to be fully adaptable in development is the dev documentation.is it something in the pipeline?

39. rab - Reply
    January 23, 2012 at 8:03 am

Hi, we have just downloaded TeamLab Version 5.5 teamlab.v5.5.29605.src.zip. However, we could not find the installation documentation.Kindly need your help to inform us, how to install teamlab v5.5?

Thank you!

40. Olga - Reply
    January 24, 2012 at 4:58 pm

This week we’re going to add the installation file at sourceforge so that the whole installation process will be much simplier. Stay tuned!

41. Martin Larsen - Reply
    January 28, 2012 at 12:09 pm

What happend to the projects in version 6.0? The projects section is missing and I cannot enable it in settings. If I browse directly to the products/projects the page does show, but menu items and images are missing.

Did I do anything wrong?

42. Olga - Reply
    January 30, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Martin, the situation you’ve described is quite unusual. Could you please provide us with more details?

• Peter Daniel KEtelsen - Reply
      July 7, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Hi.

I have the same problem as Martin Larson with the missing images. Is there a way to solve it?

Projects section is working just fine.
      Using TeamLab Express 6.5 on win 2012 Std. Engl R2

Also the Application is extremely slow. Sometimes 2-3 seconds to open a new page.

Any hints?

Thanks and best regards.

Daniel

July 8, 2013 at 7:48 am

Hello Peter,
        Unfortunately the company policy changed and we don’t provide support for TeamLab open source/server/server express version any more.
        You can find answers to some questions in the Troubleshooting section of our Help Center.
        If you faced a problem that is not mentioned there, you can describe it on SourceForge Tracker or in Github Issues section and the community members will try to help you out.

43. Sunil - Reply
    February 2, 2012 at 8:34 am

Please provide the Open Source Team Lab 6 solution file, if this is provided, we will be able to complile and build the files.

Thanks in advance.

44. February 3, 2012 at 7:55 am

I would like to bring to your attention, I have installed the software in my server to have it work in our intranet. However, I notice something unusual that the edit button under documents are not there. Therefore I can not edit online, I can only download it or upload it. What is wrong with this since I wanted to have some collaboration on line from our employees. Could you kindly give me an idea what is the problem?

45. February 3, 2012 at 7:57 am

the version that I have installed is the server 6.0 thanks

• Olga - Reply
      February 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Felipe, the open source version does not include the editing option that is only available in TeamLab SaaS.

46. Chetan - Reply
    February 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Hello Guys,

I’m using teamlab open source version 5.2.

Can you please tell me how to upgrade teamlab 5.2 to 6 ?
    I tried to find some documents, but not able to find it for the right version.

even teamlab.v6.0.29774.src does not have it !!

Thanks,
    Chetan.

• Olga - Reply
      February 7, 2012 at 11:34 am

To upgrade from teamlab 5.2 to 6.0 you need to:
      1. rebuild TeamLab
      2. replace the old files
      3. in the base start the scripts
      Calendar.sql
      Crm.sql
      Resource.sql

47. February 6, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I am trying to install TeamLab, As I try to access server on the internet, it redirects me to teamlab.com, can anyone help me.
    I am using Windows 2008 Server (64 bit) with teamlab V6.

• Olga - Reply
      February 7, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Bjron, we have updated the installation file so please try again – this problem is not likely to appear any more.

48. Scott - Reply
    February 20, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I am having an issue getting the documents portion of the product to work correctly. When I click on a document it opens in a zip file and the document itself is no where to be found. Do i have something configured wrong? I would think when you click a .xlsx or .docx link it would open with office. Please help!

49. Jagadish - Reply
    March 8, 2012 at 8:16 am

From long time I was searching for a tool that can suffice the common project management and social activities in a company. And my search ended after working with teamlab, which means teamlab stand ahead of lot many other such kind of tools. Very greatful to teamlab team and thank you so much. Till now I tested this application in my local network and I am good with this.

Now I want to host this on my website (Windows Hosting) for a trial run. So, can you please assist me in this process. I just have my ftp details where i can transfer these files to my website. So which files I need to transfer and what is the process to make it work on my website.

50. lordrt - Reply
    May 31, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Hello, how can I backup my teamlab installation? Am hosting it on a Win 7 Pro machine, but did not find the options to backup and restore in the settings page

June 1, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Hello Lordrt,
      Unfortunately, it’s impossible to create backup on the ‘Settings’ page of your TeamLab portal stored on your server (in TeamLab open-source version). The only way to do it is to copy your database files and portal data manually.

• Joao - Reply
        June 5, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Could you please tell us what files and the DB’s that need to be copied? There’s few info on web about this subject… :/ and it would be better copying files and the DB’s with a (remote) script instead of cloning machines.

June 6, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Hello Joao,
          You need to copy the following databases:
          services\core.db3
          web.studio\addons\calendar\App_Data\calendar.db3
          web.studio\App_Data\WebStudio\webstatistic.db3
          web.studio\App_Data\WebStudio\webstudio.db3
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Blogs\App_Data\ASC.Blogs.Data.db3
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Bookmarking\App_Data\BookmarkingDB\bookmarking.db3
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Forum\App_Data\ASC.Forum.Database.db3
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\News\App_Data\feeds.db3
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\PhotoManager\App_Data\images.db3
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Wiki\App_Data\wiki.db3
          web.studio\Products\Projects\App_Data\ASC.Projects.db3
          web.studio\Products\Files\App_Data\ASC.Files.db3
          web.studio\Products\Crm\App_Data\ASC.Crm.db3

… as well as the following data:
          Data\
          web.studio\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Blogs\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Bookmarking\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Forum\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\News\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\PhotoManager\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Community\Modules\Wiki\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Projects\Data\
          web.studio\Products\Crm\Data\
          PS: you can just save the data and databases mentioned above, it’s easier as to clone machines.

• AJ - Reply
            June 8, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Hi,
            I installed teamlab in my labtop (vista) using teamlabserver.exe but I cannot find the above folders in my computer.
            Could you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks

June 9, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hello AJ,
              By default, TeamLab is installed into the following directory: C:\ProgramData\TeamLab.

• lordrt - Reply
            June 8, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I have mysql administrator interface installed on the PC, will it be a good way to backup (and restore) the DB from there, knowing that when installing TeamLab from the exe it does look for mysql installation to continue?

June 9, 2012 at 9:38 am

Hello Lordrt,
              Yes, you can create a backup of the database and then restore it.

51. Joao - Reply
    June 6, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Thank you, I’ll try it!

João

52. Syam Kumar T S - Reply
    July 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Hello TeamLab Team,
    I am a newbie to MySQL, I tried to deploy Teamlab using MySql Database but under SQL_Scripts\MySql folder there are several mysql scripts. Could you please tell me does Teamlab have any single database, if so what’s the database name? Or else should I have to create separate Databases such as “Core”, “Blog” etc

July 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Hello Syam,
      At present TeamLab server version 6.0 and open source version 5.5 are available at SourceForge.
      In both cases you can just download and run the corresponding file on your server, TeamLab will be installed automatically with no effort at all.

53. Alex - Reply
    July 6, 2012 at 10:06 am

А в чём разнича между TeamLab server version 6.0 and open source version 5.5 ?
    TeamLab server не open source?

July 6, 2012 at 11:53 am

Здравствуйте, Alex!
      Во-первых, как видно из названия, код опен-сорсной версии 5.5 можно найти в открытом доступе на SourceForge, а серверная версия 6.0 доступна только в виде инсталляции.
      Во-вторых, есть разница в наборе функций портала, которым Вы будете пользоваться после установки: в 6.0 включены обновления в календаре и модуле “CRM”.

• Alex - Reply
        July 6, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Лена, спасибо за ответ.
        Из того, что Вы написали, я понял:
        опен-сорсная 5.5 и серверная 6.0 – две разные вещи. Опен-сорсная не является серверной, а серверная не является опен-сорсной.
        Серверная 6.0 включает функционал версии 5.5 + доп. функции. Исходники недоступны.
        Это правильно?
        Есть ещё вопрос. Наши программеры недавно ставили для тестирования на локальный сервер, но не помнят какой файл скачали и установили. Как узнать что за версия?

July 9, 2012 at 11:35 am

Здравствуйте, Alex!
          Установить на свой локальный сервер Вы можете как и опен-сорсную версию 5.5, так и серверную версию 6.0.
          А так все верно:
          Опен-сорсная 5.5: исходники доступны.
          Серверная 6.0: исходники недоступны, функционал 5.5 + доп. функции.
          Что касается Вашего последнего вопроса “Как узнать, какая версия установлена?”:
          Вариант 1: Можно посмотреть в файле web.studio/web.appsettings.config параметр <add key=”web.track-url” value=”https://track.teamlab.com/stat/onepixel.gif?src=install&v=60″ />, а именно, что стоит после v=.
          Вариант 2: Если Вы найдете в Вашей установленной версии функции, перечисленные в этом посте, то это серверная версия 6.0 :)

54. Thodoris - Reply
    July 19, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hi,
    I have a teamlab installation on our server.
    For more than 8 months worked great.
    However, the last month I encounter problems uploading files in the shared documents area.
    I can upload files with internet Explorer and an old version of firefox (4.0) but I can’t upload anything with newer versions of firefox and chrome.

any help is much appreciated.
    thanks in advance,
    Thodoris

July 19, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Hello Thodoris,
      Please specify the TeamLab version you installed onto your server. This problem might be already solved in one of the newer versions that have been released since then. At present the server version 6.0 is available at SourceForge in two variations: TeamLabServer.exe and TeamLabExpress.exe (doesn’t require MySQL Server and Microsoft IIS).
      To migrate to the new TeamLab version, you should proceed through the following steps:
      1. Create a backup of your data and databases by means of MySQL or manually.
      2. Run the TeamLabServer.exe or TeamLabExpress.exe file. TeamLab will be installed automatically.
      3. Then restore all the data from the created backup.

55. AJ - Reply
    July 30, 2012 at 7:54 am

Hi,

I have used TeamLab online version and I love it, so I decided to choose TeamLab for my project and set up local server. But I faced some problems when I installed TeamLabExpress.exe on my (virtual machine)server running Windows Server2008 r2.

There are 2 issues:

1. When I changed logo or skin, or disable CRM module by using portal setting, then saved them,it’s ok. But after I continually work on other menus for a while, logo and skin turn to the default color and CRM appears again. However, it seems to happen randomly, not the same menu that turns the setting to default.

2. Mail notification to users of TeamLab does not work. Currenty I use the default smtp setting, however I try to use google’s smtp, but mail does not work too.
    Do I need to set up smtp email in my Windows Server2008?

Thanks in advance,
    AJ

56. Eduardo - Reply
    August 9, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Hello.

I have downloaded the source code from:

But I didn’t foun the solution to start using with visual studio 2010.

What I’m doing wrong?

Regards.

Eduardo.

August 13, 2012 at 11:14 am

Hello Eduardo,
      TeamLab represents a number of small projects, not a single one that can be opened using Visual Studio.
      These projects are compiled using the following .bat file: redistributable\asc\BuildAndDeploy.bat
      Besides we use Visual Studio 2008, not Visual Studio 2010.

• Munish Sehgal - Reply
        November 19, 2012 at 4:53 pm

hi ,
        I want to update something in the code to look like I want it to be. There should be a solution file to see a well arranged projects .
        where can I find that solution file ?

Thanks!
        Munish S.

November 20, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Hello Munish,
          There is no solution file, but you can create it yourself and add the projects to it manually. Projects compilation order can be found here: _ci\projects\build.proj

57. Bruno Andrade - Reply
    August 17, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Hi there,

I download the source code from Sourceforge, version 5.5 and everything goes well in deploying into our own server, the only thing is that when we change it to MySql and try to access teamlab, we get redirected to http://www.teamlab.com

I saw above that this is a bug. Could you please send me how to fix it?

Thanks
    Bruno

August 20, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Hello Bruno,
      Obviously, there is no connection to the database or the database contains incorrect information.

• Bruno - Reply
        August 20, 2012 at 1:35 pm

There is a connection as I can see a new connection opening up on MySQL when I startup Teamlab.

In regards to incorrect information, I have ran the scripts from the MySQL folder to create the database and tables.

I can see someone here posted a question with the same problem and you mentioned it was a dll issue.

Thanks for your help

August 21, 2012 at 9:50 am

Hello Bruno,
          To help you, we need the following information:
          1. What data does the tenants_tenants table contain?
          2. What settings are used in the web.appsettings.config file?
          3. What address you use to access your portal?

58. Jim Ingwersen - Reply
    August 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Hi Elena,

Just moved our teamlab 5.5 to a new 64 bit server. Everything appears to work fine except “mytasks.aspx” which causes:
    SQLite error
    no such function: substring

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
    no such function: substring

Stack Trace:

[SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQLite error
    no such function: substring]
    System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain) +1325

Any ideas?

August 30, 2012 at 11:29 am

Hello Jim,
      The fact is that version 5.5 is available as open source and installation. Please specify what version exactly you use.

59. Jim Ingwersen - Reply
    August 30, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Thanks Elena,

Actually, I realized we had 5.2 and when upgraded it worked great! Strange thing, when downloaded 5.5, it extracted what appeared to be 6.0?

August 31, 2012 at 9:32 am

Hello Jim,
      The latest open source version is 5.5. Please ignore this folder name (6.0). It should be 5.5.

60. AJ - Reply
    September 20, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Hi Elena,

I installed TeamLab 6.0 in my server and it works well.

I would like to know which database is used with this version (not the express version). Is it SQLlite? and is there limitation of the growth size of this database if I use it long term?

Thanks,
    AJ

September 21, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Hello AJ,
      SQLite is used in TeamLab express version (that doesn’t require MySQL server and Microsoft IIS) and MySQL is used in TeamLab server version (that requires MySQL server and Microsoft IIS).
      There are no limitations on our side, there are only limitations that are put by MySQL or SQLite.

• AJ - Reply
        October 14, 2012 at 7:37 am

Hi Elena,

I just found that I cannot add my “New event” or “New calendar” to my calendar at all. New event pop up window shows but after I fill in data and press save , nothing is displayed.

But date of milestone, task and CRM show on the calendar correctly.

This problem came with the installation of open source TeamLabV6.0 (TeamLabServer.exe Modified date 2012-07-04) with MySQL.

However, previously I also installed V5.5 in my labtop, the calendar is fine.

Best,
        AJ

October 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Hello AJ,
          Sorry for the late reply!
          To solve the problem, we need .log files from the Logs folder of the installation directory. Please send them to us via email.

61. Steven - Reply
    September 28, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I tried installing TeamLab on a Win 2012 Server with (seriously!) 34 versions of MySQL Server 5.1.xx to 5.5 now -I can’t get it to run. Installation always fails with “you have an error in your sql syntax check the manual that corresponds to your mysql server version for the right syntax to use near ‘-team’/*!40100 CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE ‘utf8_general_ci’*/’ at line 1.

Any suggestions? :-(

October 9, 2012 at 11:57 am

Hello Steven,
      Sorry for the late reply!
      Please try to create a database in MySQL manually and then install TeamLab, but you need to enter the very database name into the corresponding field that was specified while creating the database.
      The script for manual database creation is:
      CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS DB_NAME /*!40100 CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE ‘utf8_general_ci’ */;
      If it doesn’t help, you can try to create a database using the wizard of the program you use to work with databases. Please note that you need to specify the UTF-8 encoding.

62. September 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Hi,

I would like know how to backup my Teamlab 6.0.1 server Open source release ?

There is no option backup in parameter menu.

I would like import this backup on the next release 6.5 (fresh install).

Best regards

Mini

October 9, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Hello Mini,
      Sorry for the late reply!
      Teamlab 6.5 is not released yet.
      The backup option is not available in TeamLab server and open-source versions, but you can always create a backup of your data and databases manually or by means of MySQL.

63. September 29, 2012 at 10:31 am

Hi,
    I forget to say there are somes lags(slow) sometimes.
    To compare my others websites, I can a big difference : around 10 – 20 sec to access then when you change page again 5 – 10 sec.

There is only Teamlab – mysql – IIS on Win2K8 R2.

How to boost the loading page ?

October 9, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Hello Mini,
      Unfortunately there is no such possibility.

64. Chi - Reply
    October 25, 2012 at 2:49 pm

October 25, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Hello Chi,
      The latest TeamLab server version (6.0) is available as installation only.

65. anna - Reply
    November 5, 2012 at 8:41 am

I installed a standalone hMailServer, and it is working, i was able to send mails. how to add my smtp server settings to TeamLab. I tried to add and i got the error message “Failure sending mail” when ‘Send Test Message’ was clicked. Please help.

66. anna - Reply
    November 5, 2012 at 8:44 am

I use TeamLab Server Express.

November 7, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Hello Anna,

67. Roshil K - Reply
    November 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Hi I Downloaded the Source code and tried to run.But I got the following error while compiling the project .
    “Could not load type ‘ASC.Web.Community.Photo Manager.upload'”

How can i solve this.?

Could you please provide any link for the documentation for configuring the source code ?

November 20, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Hello Roshil,
      Please specify where you downloaded the source code from.

• Roshil K - Reply
        November 21, 2012 at 6:13 am

Hi Elena,
        Thank you for your response.

I have downloaded code from source forge yesterday.(version 6.5)

November 21, 2012 at 11:43 am

Roshil,
          We’ll look into the problem. I’ll notify you, as soon as we find a solution.

68. Ajay - Reply
    December 13, 2012 at 9:18 am

How i setup opensource code with SQLServer. is it posible??

69. May 5, 2013 at 7:31 am

Hi Folks,

I had installed teamlab 6.5 on our internet portal and it was installed and working.Document upload module also working fine

Just have very critical issue that – i can’t edit project and can’t saved data in edit mode of milestone,tickets.

Can you guys please mention the issue behind.

Any WCF Service configure issue or bugs ??

Thanks so much in advanced.

May 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Hello Mohsin,
      Unfortunately, the company policy has changed and we don’t provide support for TeamLab open source version any more.

70. Rahul - Reply
    July 31, 2013 at 2:54 am

I am trying to open project from the Studio folder using VS2008 but it is giving errors (global unable to load) can anyone please suggest how we can open code to do some modifications.

71. August 1, 2013 at 11:21 am

Please help how i can open the source code to do some modifications as per business need. I am trying to open code using VisualStudio 2008.

72. Kamali - Reply
    January 7, 2014 at 9:32 am

I am using TeamLab 6.5. I am facing issue creating project in Team Lab. Its working in the local but not in internet. Please guide me in resolving / tracing the issue.

73. August 17, 2015 at 8:03 am

Where can I find the source code of the latest version of TeamLab? I can only get the source code for v5.5. Thanks! Good Job..!